TIC+ provides counselling, support and care for young people and families.
Parents and carers are welcome to call TIC+'s free, anonymous, confidential helpline and talk to one of their trained parent support advisers. They care, they won’t judge, and they will take you seriously. The Parent Support and Advice line is a drop-in service.
Free parent and carer support groups
Location: Various local locations and also online using Zoom
There are free support groups available for parents or carers of young people aged 11-18 living in Gloucestershire and struggling with mental health, emotional well-being and behavioural issues.
- Groups are weekly for six weeks and last 1.5 hours – daytime and evening groups available.
- Each group will be led by two facilitators who are fully-trained and experienced in parenting and young people’s mental health. Parents/carers are encouraged to commit to all 6 sessions to gain the most benefit out of the group.
- Developed by TIC+, the group is designed to inform and support parents and carers, helping them to understand their child’s distress and discover effective strategies to improve their resilience. The group is also an opportunity for parents and carers going through similar experiences to encourage, support and learn from each other in a safe and friendly environment.
Please note: due to limited places:
- Groups must be booked in advance.
- Parents and carers are encouraged to commit to all six sessions to gain the most benefit out of the group.
- Each group will close to new members after the second session.
- Only one parent/carer per family can attend each group. (Please note this also includes via Zoom).
September and October 2023 support group dates
|12 September-17 October||Tuesday||10:30am-12midday||Stroud||Eventbrite Link|
|14 September-19 October||Thursday||1:00pm-2:30pm||Gloucester||Eventbrite Link|
|14 September-19 October||Thursday||7:00pm-8:30pm||Cheltenham||Eventbrite Link|
|14 September-19 October||Thursday||7:00pm-8:30pm||Zoom||Eventbrite Link|