Learning from home
We have produced the following key information to support you as a parent/carer whilst your child is learning from home:
- Parent Support Guide – this outlines how students can access their work from home
- Year 7 to 11 Student Day Plan – a timetable for the day for students to engage in
- Sixth Form Student Day Plan – a timetable for the day for Sixth Form students to engage in
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Student Booklet
- Home Learning Support – a parent factsheet
- Easter Project Guide
- Guided Reading Resource
- Drop Everything and Read Resource
- School Closure FAQs Version 2 – if you have a question, please look here first. If you can’t find the answer, please email or call us
- The Parents’ Guide to Coping with School Closures
- Accessing BeReady – Student Guide.
All of these documents are on the Learning From Home page.
Children of key workers and vulnerable students
Please be aware that this provision will not run during the summer holidays.
Our staff from the Safeguarding & Welfare Team, Special Educational Needs Department, and our Head of Houses, work closely with a number of students and families on a daily basis. These key members of staff will be in regular phone contact with these students and their parents/carers to ensure we are able to continue supporting their additional needs to the best of our ability.
We have developed robust systems and protocols so that centre-assessed grades are objective and fair, and will do the very best for our students within the guidelines to ensure they have the best chance of success and to reward them for their hard work. Results days are: A Level on Thursday 13 August and GCSE on Thursday 20 August. Further details on the awarding process can be found below in the letter dated 22 April and in this video produced by Ofqual.
We will continue to provide you with regular updates. If you need to contact the school, please call us on 01242 229546 where a member of staff will be available to take your call between 9am – 3.30pm. You can also email us on email@example.com.
Communications to parents/carers