All applications for places at the Academy outside of the normal admissions round should be made directly to the Academy. Applicants should fill in the In-Year Application form which is available from the Gloucestershire County Council website or can be downloaded below:
Please return the completed application form, proof of address and proof of student’s date of birth documentation to:
Cheltenham Bournside School
Warden Hill Road
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents required to prove your child’s date of birth
One of the following documents will be required to prove your child’s date of birth. (Please note: Original copies of documents cannot be accepted, and we ask that copies are handed in with applications.)
- Passport (current or expired)
- Birth certificate
- Official NHS letter stating your child’s date of birth (e.g. Cognitive Assessment Report)
Documents required to prove your address
The following documents will be required to prove your address. Please provide 1 document from group 1 and 1 document from group 2 or 3 documents from group 2. (Please note: Original copies of documents cannot be accepted, and we ask that copies are handed in with applications.)
- Proof of completion of house purchase showing your name and the full address of the property.
- Legal rental document showing your name and the full address and dated for no less than one year with at least 6 months remaining after the application date.
- Solicitor’s letter confirming recent house purchase or land registry (in this case, proof of the sale or rental of your previous address will also be required).
- Current, valid full UK photo-card driving licence with signature or ‘old style’ driving licence. (Provisional licences are not acceptable as proof of address).
- UK firearms licence.
- Bank, building society statement (not credit card). It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address.
- Dated mortgage statement showing your name and current address.
- Financial statement eg. Pension, endowment, ISA (UK)
- Household utility bill (eg. gas, electric, water or fixed line telephone but not a mobile phone bill). It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address.
- Original notification letter from the relevant benefits agency confirming the right to benefits or state pension showing your name and current address.
- TV licence
- Current council tax bill
School tours for interested in-year applicants are available upon request, subject to availability. The duration of the tour will be approximately twenty minutes. Please request a school tour by emailing email@example.com, detailing all attendees and your home address.
Sixth Form applications
For information about Sixth Form admissions, please visit the Sixth Form section.